This is a great summer recipe that is easy and yummy.
- 5 ounces chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunks, canned in juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/2 onion, red, medium
- 1/2 bell pepper, red, medium
Prep Time: 5 minutes or less
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch pieces; place in a resealable bag.
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice.
- For marinade, combine 2 tbsp. of reserved pineapple juice with lemon juice, olive oil and soy sauce; pour over chicken. Seal bag and set in a shallow dish in the refrigerator. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Cut onion and pepper into 1-inch chunks.
- Drain the chicken, reserving marinade. Heat marinade for 1 minute in microwave on high setting.
- Using 12-inch metal skewer, alternately thread chicken, onion, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks. Brush kabob with the marinade. Preheat BBQ. Place kabob on grill and cookl until chicken is no longer pink and fruit is heated through, turning once halfway through grilling time- about 10 to 14 minutes. Brush kabobs with marinade after turning over.
- 1/3 cup brown rice, uncooked
- Prepare brown rice per package directions.
Servings Per Recipe: 32 kabobs
Amount Per Serving
- * Calories 610
- * Total Fat (g) 14
- * Saturated Fat (g) 2.5
- * Cholesterol (mg) 95
- * Sodium (mg) 45
- * Carbohydrate (g) 4
- * Protein (g) 4
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet