- 8 oz old-fashioned rolled oats, about 2 cups
- 1 1.2 oz raw sunflower seeds, about 1/2 cup
- 3 oz sliced almonds, about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 oz wheat germ, about 1/2 cup
- 6 oz honey, about 1/2 cup
- 1 3/4 oz dark brown sugar, about 1/4 cup
- 1 oz unsalted butter, about 1 Tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 1/2 oz chopped dried fruit, any combination of apricots, cherries, blueberries, craisins
- Butter a 9 X 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread oats, sunflower seeds, almonds and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan. Place in oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter vanilla extract and salt in medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Stir in the dried fruit and mix well.
- Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture and stir to combine. Turn mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Remove from oven and allow to partically cool. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Makes 16 – 2 inch squares. Approx 120 calories, 22g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat and 2g protein per serving.