Here’s a wonderful chicken recipe that you can do easily and quickly at home. it’s lower in fat and sodium than other recipes. Try it today and you’ll love the taste!
- 1 onion, yellow
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 2 cups tomato sauce, no added salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vinegar, apple cider
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard, any flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken thigh, skinless
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Wash vegetables; cut bell peppers into thin strips; slice onion; and crush garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the bell peppers, onions, garlic, chicken stock and 2 tablespoons of water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, raisins, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce, mustard, and black pepper; increase heat to medium and return to a boil.
- Place the chicken pieces in the prepared baking pan. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and turn chicken to coat.
- Bake chicken, turning pieces and basting occasionally with the sauce, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve barbecued chicken with cornbread and reduced-fat coleslaw, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|