Asian Seared Pork Chop – This is a delicious way to prepare pork in less than 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pork sirloin chops, lean, boneless
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, fresh, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Sprinkle both sides of pork with pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add pork; sauté until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Add soy sauce mixture to empty skillet; simmer to blend flavors and thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve sauce over pork.
Serve with steamed brocolli & baked sweet potato. But take it easy on the butter for the potato.
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|